Thursday, February 4, 2010

Power Hour Activation How Can I Get My Pc Working?

How Can I get my pc working? - power hour activation

Specifications: AMD Socket AM2 4400 + AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor

MODEL WITH K9VGM-V VIA K8M890 + VT8237A chipset BASE. AM2, K8M890, 8237A, 8CH HD Audio, LAN, integrated slots 1 PCI-E x16, 1PCI-EX1 slot, 2 PCI slots.

EVGA 8800 GT super clocked 512MB

2 1 GB DDR2 667 MHz RAM sticks

500 watt power supply

Operating system: Windows XP (32-bit OS)

Charging system now and I have the opportunity to enter the BIOS or load my default settings to start Windows. However, if you try to load and go into the office, my system freezes. When I get to the BIOS and at the beginning, it freezes. It's just a black screen and nothing else. I have loaded the first time asked me to activate Windows. The screen to load then restart froze for an hour, I rebooted the system and load it every time I try, I get the black screen again. Perhaps because I am now a 64-bit system, while my OS is only 32 bits. But I do not know. Could someone please help
At one point I managed to reach the office, but I felt very SLOh, no noise, and when he tried a very simple (NES emulator froze open). I have not done a new installation, I try to start an old installation (32-bit is running).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two possibilities come to much sense to me, but there are others.

Power. 500W Power Supply, OK, but has 2 rails 12V? The overall performance is actually a very bad compared to Ps. How many rail amplifier (and 2 must be in path) is usually of crucial importance.

Heat. (The GFX card can be overclocked * * be a problem), but if the BIOS is locked, I check the CPU cooler for sure. Is it really? Do you have thermal interface is good and the right to do? The UC is a pot, they have a very efficient cooling.

Anonymous said...

While it is likely to persist in the BIOS is a hardware problem, you can flash your BIOS you may need to download the utility on a different computer and copied onto a disk for use on this computer.

Just so you know, you start with an old installation of this kind was to be installed on different computers in general not too well.

One thing is sure that the PCI-E 6-pin power cord is plugged into the graphics card. (Video card should come with an adapter if your diet does not exist)

If this is not the problem, then you just start troubleshooting by 1 piece of equipment at a time until the problem disappears. Have onboard video test (you remove the 8800GT too), if yes, 1 stick of memory, then swap try, try, a device that will find the problem.

If you give another power supply (400W minimum), then you may want to try to change that, firstly, this is my prime suspect, but most people don'thAve change an extra.

Anonymous said...

My quick answer would be that you should check the BIOS settings and I do not say that attempt a complete reformat and reinstall the operating system is not a clean install may be a conflict of data on the disk, the conflict in his current Configuration

Anonymous said...

My quick answer would be that you should check the BIOS settings and I do not say that attempt a complete reformat and reinstall the operating system is not a clean install may be a conflict of data on the disk, the conflict in his current Configuration

Post a Comment